Celebrating National Volunteer Appreciation Week
It’s only natural that at Girl Scouts, our focus be on girls. But ask any Girl Scout and she will probably tell you how much she loves her troop leader – and the multitude of other volunteers that make what we do for girls possible!
It takes a lot (8,500+) of awesome adult volunteers across our communities to plan and provide all the fun activities and exciting experiences for Girl Scouts.
April 12th through April 18th is National Volunteer Appreciation Week. We want to encourage girls, parents and caregivers to take a little time to say THANK YOU to the volunteers in your troop or service unit!
Here’s a top 8 list to get your creativity flowing!
- Download this year’s themed thank you card and write your personal message of thanks.
- Tell us about your troop leader. How does she/he inspire you? Send us your special tribute by April 17 for inclusion in a GS Leader’s Day blog post on April 22.
- Share your appreciation for that special volunteer on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Share a photo and inspiring words and don’t forget to tag @gsksmo @girlscouts and use the hashtag #NVW15. We want to follow along and help spread the love and appreciation for our volunteers!
- Make a thank you booklet with photos, drawings and special memories from the girls.
- Decorate a clay pot and plant some fresh spring flowers (Daisies are always a Girl Scout favorite) and add the phrase “Thanks for helping me /us grow into future leader(s)”.
- Host a surprise party with cake and special messages from the girls.
- Give a spa or restaurant gift certificate.
- Make a tribute gift in honor of your special volunteer to help more girls be a part of Girl Scouts.
Every gift is special! Tell us how you are celebrating and what other creative ideas you have come up with.
Let’s make sure all Girl Scout volunteers know how much you appreciate them during National Volunteer Appreciation Week!