5, 4, 3, 2, 1 – Happy Girl Scout New Year! The new GS year officially kicked off on Saturday with more than 200 service team and troop leaders attending a training & networking event at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, Kansas.
It was a fantastic day connecting with our awesome volunteers and watching the innovative planning for the new year. Here are a few of our favorite highlights:
- The Girl Scout Resolution Board – Attendees were able to add what they wanted to work toward in the year ahead. Such inspiring comments like, “I want to help girls go outside their comfort zone.” or “My troop will go camping for the very first time.”
- More than 20 community partners in attendance – Volunteers had an opportunity to interact and have one on one conversation with some of our community partners, which will open the door to more skill-building for girls.
- The GS Shop Pops Up – We loved bringing the GS Shop to our volunteers at this event. Look for more opportunities for the GS start to “pop up” in North and West regions coming this membership year.
- Training you can put into action right now – Volunteers have shared they want practical training with tips they can use in their troops, so we brought grade level, money earning, trips & travel, outdoor, STEM and many more sessions to support our amazing troop leaders!
- Daisy’s Circle – Woo Hoo!! 14 awesome volunteers joined the Circle on Saturday! Thank you for giving your treasure to support girls. Check out our new Daisy’s Circle commercial that we debuted on Saturday. We invite you to learn more and join Daisy’s Circle along with the almost 300 members.
- Our Inspiring Girl Panel – We loved hearing from girls during the service team appreciation portion. Wow, did these girls have some amazing things to say about why they are Girl Scouts! Thank you to Elizabeth Gilson, Catherine Pestinger, Amanda Munsell, Tehya Frederick, Abby Clement and Laura Legg for their fantastic insight!
- Networking, Sharing and Excitement – No matter where you turned there were leaders connecting with each other. Volunteers came from all regions, and they were networking and sharing their plans for the new year. How cool it was to see the ideas being traded and the big and bold thinking taking place!
Thank you to everyone who attended on Saturday! For those of you who were unable to join, don’t worry this event will be back BIGGER and BOLDER next year. Make plans to join us!!