It’s time to CELEBRATE! What’s better than a birthday party? A GIRL SCOUT BIRTHDAY PARTY! 104 years young and we are celebrating ALL week! Starting Sunday, March 6, you’ll be able to participate in a whole week of Girl Scout celebrations during National Girl Scout Week. Not only are we celebrating with themed days, but we are doing an entire week of service throughout the council as part of our Inspire a Girl event. Visit the Week of Service homepage to sign-up for awesome service projects going on throughout our council. You might also see photos of the GSKSMO office in Kansas City doing a service project on Wednesday, March 8!
Search the #beGSgreen and #inspireagirl to see everything going on around the council for this celebration.
Here are a few ways to show your Girl Scout pride March 6-12:
Activities below that are underlined & italicized indicate a CHANCE TO WIN a great prize!
Sunday, March 6 – Girl Scout Sunday – Celebrate your faith!
- Volunteer to assist with services
- Host a GS informational table and/or cookie booth
- Ask for a bulletin insert
- Earn the My Promise My Faith Award
- Perform a flag ceremony
Monday, March 7 – Celebrate your Girl Scout Family!
- Moms and dads, brothers and sisters, grandmas, grandpas and other caregivers – being a Girl Scout is a family experience!
- Share that favorite story and photo – camping fun, FROG dances, field trips, cookies and more! Family members make Girl Scouting possible!
- Every story and photo shared will be entered for a chance to win a family gift basket from the GS Shop.
Tuesday, March 8 – Celebrate Outdoor Fun & Adventure!
- Take the outdoors pledge and share it with others
- Share your troop photos of the Adventure Program and one troop will win 5 spots to a spring program (Brownie – Ambassador Girl Scouts)
- Share your summer camp stories (one Girl Scout will win a mini or resident camp session for this summer)
Wednesday, March 9 – Celebrate STEM Innovation and Arts & Culture Day!
- Share your photos from the inventions or art projects you have created, field trips to the theater, museums and STEM partner locations. By sharing and entering, one troop will receive $50 toward a STEM or Arts & Culture Field Trip.
Thursday, March 10 – Daisy’s Circle Day – Bring Her Promise to Life!
- If you are a member of Daisy’s Circle, wear your pin today!
- Invite someone to learn more and join
- Share why you are proud to be a part of Daisy’s Circle on social media
- Learn more and join– great member incentives!
Friday, March 11 & Saturday, March 12 – Inspire a Girl – Week of Service
- Happy 104th Birthday Girl Scouts!
- Select a council project or select and log your own.
- All Girl Scouts who complete and log their projects by March 19 will receive the commemorative Inspire a Girl – Week of Service patch.
- Share your photos on our social media using #gsinspireagirl
We can’t wait to see all the awesome photos and activities that Girl Scouts participate in this upcoming week. Take a moment to thank that special Girl Scout in your life for her service. Look at all the good we’ve done together. Have a great Girl Scout Week story to share? Comment below!