Girl Scouts has been doing some pretty amazing things in 105 years. From outdoor adventures, to STEM education to service and helping girls become G.I.R.L.s (Go-getters, Innovators, Risk-takers, Leaders)TM, Girl Scouts knows that the power of the future lies in the girls of today.
Since we love a good celebration, we’re celebrating the birthday of Girl Scouts (March 12) ALL WEEK LONG! We hope you’ll join us by participating in our themed days below. Don’t forget to share all your Girl Scouting adventures during Girl Scout week on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (Use #beGSgreen).
Search the #beGSgreen to see everything going on around the council for this celebration.
Here are a few ways to show your Girl Scout pride March 12-18:
Activities below that are underlined & italicized indicate a CHANCE TO WIN a great prize!
Sunday, March 12 – Girl Scout Sunday – Celebrate your faith!
- Volunteer to assist with services
- Host a GS informational table and/or cookie booth
- Ask for a bulletin insert
- Earn the My Promise My Faith Award
- Perform a flag ceremony
Monday, March 13 – Celebrate your Girl Scout Family & Wear your Girl Scout Uniform or T-shirt Day!
- Moms and dads, brothers and sisters, grandmas, grandpas and other caregivers – being a Girl Scout is a family experience!
- Share that favorite story and photo – camping fun, FROG dances, field trips, cookies and more! Family members make Girl Scouting possible!
- Every story and photo shared will be entered for a chance to win a family gift basket from the GS Shop.
Tuesday, March 14 – Celebrate Outdoor Fun & Adventure!
- Take the outdoors pledgeand share it with others
- Share your troop photos of the Adventure Program and one troop will win 5 spots to a spring program (Brownie – Ambassador Girl Scouts)
- Share your summer camp stories (one Girl Scout will win a $150 credit toward a mini or resident camp session for this summer)
Wednesday, March 15 – Celebrate STEM Innovation and Arts & Culture Day!
- Share your photos from the inventions or art projects you have created, field trips to the theater, museums and STEM partner locations. By sharing and entering, one troop will receive $50 toward a STEM or Arts & Culture Field Trip.
Thursday, March 16 – Daisy’s Circle Day – Bring Her Promise to Life!
- If you are a member of Daisy’s Circle, wear your pin today!
- Invite someone to learn more and join
- Share why you are proud to be a part of Daisy’s Circle on social media
- Learn more and join– great member incentives!
Friday, March 17 & Saturday, March 18 – Celebrating Service to Others
- Make sure you’ve logged your project for Inspire a Girl Service to Others Month!
- Partner with one of our Community Partners (service) to make a difference.
- All Girl Scouts who complete and log their projects by March 31 will receive their Inspire a Girl Service to Others Month patch.
We can’t wait to see all the awesome photos and activities that Girl Scouts participate during Girl Scout Week. Take a moment to thank that special Girl Scout and Girl Scout volunteer in your life for their service. Together, we can make the world a better place for girls.
Have a great Girl Scout Week story to share? Comment below!