It takes a special kind of person to help empower G.I.R.L.s (Go-getters, Innovators, Risk-takers, Leaders)TM to be their very best. Just ask any Girl Scout and she’ll tell you that her adult role models (our awesome volunteers) are a major part of what makes her Girl Scout experience amazing.
To the more than 9,000 volunteers who make Girl Scouting possible across our 47 county council – THANK YOU! Thank you for encouraging young Go-getters to look for opportunities to be bold and succeed. Thank you for inspiring Innovators to see a problem and find a solution rather than giving up. Thank you for standing behind Risk-takers as they zipline or stand in front of an audience to give a speech for the very first time. Thank you for raising up Leaders to be cooperative, understanding and compassionate women who take charge. Thank you for making all this possible.
To celebrate, we’re asking girls, families and volunteers to help us celebrate our AMAZING volunteers and all they do for G.I.R.L.s! First, April 22nd is Girl Scout Leader’s Day! Then, April 23rd through April 29th, we’re celebrating National Volunteer Appreciation Week. We want to encourage girls, parents and caregivers to take a little time to say THANK YOU to the volunteers in your troop or service unit.
Need some creative ways to say “Thank you”? Here are 10 great ideas to get you started:
- Send an electronic or printed card – Download e-card | printable cards
- Deliver a special gift or card in person. We have many Girl Scout items that make really meaningful gifts in our GS Shop! Visit online or in-person – Gift ideas for volunteers
- Write your favorite volunteer a love letter. Imagine their surprise when they open their mailbox and find a love letter from you. Need a little inspiration? Check out the letter Girl Scouts put together for these amazing volunteers!
- Take your leader or other volunteer out for a special dinner.
- To honor the time they give, decorate a terracotta pot and plant thyme as a gift!
- Wrap an empty cookie box and fill with special notes from girls and parents – show them just how sweet they are!
- Organize a special outing to have the leader relax – spa, museum, movies.
- Give a mug full of chocolate hugs and kisses.
- Give your volunteer a shot out on social media! Post a photo, share a comment, and let them know they are the very best! Tag @girlscouts, @gsksmo and use the hashtag #NVW2017!
- Make a tribute gift in honor of your special volunteer to help more girls be a part of Girl Scouts.
Let’s make sure all Girl Scout volunteers know how much you appreciate them during National Volunteer Appreciation Week! Thank you to all our awesome volunteers for all YOU do!